You must have enough knowledge when you hire commercial flooring contractors so that you get the best job done within your pre-determined budget. Flooring is certainly not a DIY project and therefore, it warrants for a professional expert. There are a number of such contractors available, but all may not be the same in efficacy, experience and integrity. Therefore, be knowledgeable about the contractors you meet and wish to hire and know how to differentiate the best from the average. Also, you must know the specific questions to ask to be sure that you have hired the right person.
Reasons to Hire A Pro
If you have, finally, decided to replace your existing flooring, it is best to hire commercial flooring contractors for a few specific reasons. They work according to a strategic plan, execute the work professionally, make the entire project cost-effective and are time-efficient as well. There are other benefits that include:
- Proper Assessment: There are no errors, no trials, no wastage of material and labor, as the professional properly assess the situation and the requirements.
- Organized Execution: The professional provides a clear visual of the entire flooring process with a detailed blueprint and schedule.
- Preparedness: The flooring contractor is well-prepared to meet with any external factors that may affect the process as well as the price and lead time.
- Operational Efficiency: You can also get handsome tips and useful pre-installation assistance, such as removal of existing flooring or furniture, to expedite the installation process.
The Differentiating Factors
There are a few distinct factors that can differentiate reliable and expert commercial flooring contractors from the others.
- Good Listeners: To provide right flooring solutions, according to your need, it is required to know and understand your needs first, along with that of the flooring area itself. For this, the contractor must be a good listener and assessor and high visionary acumen to finish the project within the cost and time determined.
- Financial Base: To keep the project running and meet with the cash flow requirements, a flooring contractor must have a strong financial backing and full financial flexibility.
- Complete Pricing: A reliable flooring contractor provides complete and accurate cost estimates that not only include the cost of materials and labor but also include risk reduction, removal, life cycle costing and much more.
- Risk Assessment Ability: Quality contractors must have the ability to diagnose an issue, such as adhesive and moisture mitigation, and find proper ways to eliminate chances of causing complications once the project kick starts.
Choosing the Contractor
You must choose commercial flooring contractors, primarily, based on experience and their previous track record. Such track record should also include strong safety record having an Emergency Modification Rate or EMR of less than 1. This metric shows how often compensation claims are filed by the workers against the contractor. Also, check OSHA’s DART or “Days Away, Restricted or Transferred” metric which shows the number of times employees missed work due to any workplace injuries.
Check any green flooring experience as well, which is high on demand at present times.
Questions to Ask
Formulate a list of questions to ask the commercial flooring contractors to make the final choice. Make sure that the questions are relevant and not boring or embarrassing. Few typical questions to include are asking for track record and references, asking for a copy of license and insurance policy and other certifications and their pricing policy. Ask whether or not they charge extra for flooring estimates, which ideally should be provided for free. Also, ask about how they handle subfloor issues and warranty.