The festive season is right at the doorsteps and so is one of the most awaited nights of the year. Christmas brings with itself loads of joy, cheerfulness, and celebrations. Though the festivity is elating in itself, without a fully decorated and appealing Christmas tree, how can it ever be considered complete?
Following are a few simple yet amazing tips for you to follow to decorate your Christmas tree like a pro-
- Choice of the tree: Whether you are going for a fresh Christmas tree or taking the option of an artificial one, make sure that the tree is of good and high quality. By this, you can prevent some unwanted damages to your tree.
- The position of the tree: Make sure that the tree is standing perfectly upright if it is a fresh tree that you have chosen.
- Tree skirt: If you wish, you can hide the unsightly tree base with a pretty tree skirt.
- Theme: To decorate a Christmas tree with complete perfection and have the perfect outcome, it is suggested for the best to decide on a suitable theme for your tree. The whole decoration will go in accordance with this theme. A few special themes can be angels, nutcrackers, snowflakes, nature, etc.
- Fluff the branches: The fuller the Christmas tree, the more natural and presentable it looks. Fluff each branch individually and do not hesitate to bend them so as to fill the gaps.
- The decorations: As per the theme and the design in your mind, chose the right decorations that fit in with the tone and hence maintain an appealing color scheme.
- Lights: Make sure to put on the lights before the ornaments. These have to be obviously in accordance with the theme. Just take care that you put them evenly around your tree. If they are not messed up and look neat, go with the philosophy of the more, the merrier.
- Large ornaments: Many professionals while decorating the tree start with these.
- Ribbons: There are a number of ways in which you can use the colorful ribbons. One is to use ribbon pieces of different sizes for a good visual appearance. The Christmas tree has to be layered with these ribbons. For more impact, you may use pairs of ribbons with contrasting textures and varying widths. Garlands can also be used.
- Baubles: Clustering of baubles is recommended as this will add flair and visual appeal to the tree.
- Tree picks: Tree picks like twigs, berries or even pine cones add a subtle effect to the entire look of the tree and hence can be trusted.
- Tree topper: The topper finishes and completes the look of the tree. Take care of its proportion when compared with the tree.
- The balance: You have to make sure that the balance of the decorations has been made throughout the tree as per your liking. Do not overstuff any areas
Decorating your Christmas tree is not a tough task if you take care of these tips and go by them. Adorn the base by keeping gifts under the tree, and you are ready for the festive evening.