Irritated Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is also known as the colon or mucous colitis. The irregularity and irritability in the intestine’s movement both big and small ones are the culprit of this gastrointestinal disorder. Victims of irritable bowel syndrome have to suffer from diarrhea, abdominal pain as well as pain. Moreover, you may have to suffer from constipation, bloating in the stool, mucus, nausea, headache and even worse, depression. IBS is considered as one of the most common disorders. Also, women seem to obtain higher likelihood to get IBS than men particularly around twentieths.
The root causes of this Irritable Bowel Syndrome are still unknown, nonetheless, nervousness, frustration and anger are considered to be closely connected to this disorder. Also, high consumption of coffee and fresh fruits as well as cruciferous vegetables can make a great contribution to the negative aspects of the issue.
This disorder might be reduced significantly by several natural home remedies which are quite easy and simple to follow.
The frequent consumption of oat bran on a daily basis will enable your body to absorb the required amount of fiber to reduce the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Once consumed, the stools will be softened and exterminated painlessly and effortlessly. Moreover, oat bran contains antioxidants, calcium, protein, iron, thiamin, magnesium, zinc, riboflavin and phosphorus.
- Add some oat bran into your breakfast on a daily basis
- Or you can mix oat bran with water and cook it for several minutes. And consume it like oatmeal.
- You can mix oat bran with yoghurt, salad and smoothie to consume
Note: When you first consume oat bran, you might suffer from bloating and gas, however symptoms will reduce as the body adapts to it.
Fresh and ripe bananas are another effective method to treat IBS since they are a nutritious fruit that help to relieve IBS symptoms. You might consume bananas to treat diarrhea since the soluble fiber found in bananas to absorb liquid in the intestines. Moreover the potassium found in bananas to soothe bloating and gas.
- Consume 1 – 2 ripe bananas on a daily basis to retain a healthy digestion and block IBS
- Note: in case you are suffering from diarrhea, you may mash one ripe banana and add some tamarind pulp and some salt as well and consume once or twice till you notice the improvement.
In chamomile, there are antispasmodic property and the great amount of tannins present, which can offer excessive relief from IBS symptoms such as diarrhea or constipation. Moreover, chamomile tea can lower inflammation inside the intestines and negative symptoms in abdominal spasms.
- Put some dried chamomile flowers in a pot of boiling water
- Steep it for about 15 minutes
- Strain it and add some lemonade
- Consume this herbal tea three times on a daily basis.
Fennel seeds can reduce the intestinal spasms as well as bloating which commonly connected with IBS. Moreover, fennel seeds can exterminate fats in the digestive system, thereby, the overproduction of mucus produced in the intestines will be inhibited.
- Add some crushed fennel seeds into a glass of hot water
- Steep it for several minutes, strain and then consume the herbal tea.
- Consume the tea several times on a daily basis to reduce the symptoms.
- Alternatively, you can consume dry roasted fennel seeds powder several times a day to reduce the symptoms as well.
Carrots contain a rich source of pectin, which can prevent IBS and reduce the symptoms of diarrhea as well as constipation.
- Extract the juice from some of fresh carrots.
- Add some lemon juice and honey as well
- Consume the mixture several times a day
- Alternatively, blend soft, cooked carrots in a blender with some water.
- Add some salt and consume it
- Consume it for several times on a daily basis.
Note: Do not consume raw carrots since it might cause stomach pain.
In case you might experience from some health problems, it is extremely significant to consult your doctor before trying remedies. Moreover, you should follow a strict diet as well as lifestyle on a frequent basis to manipulate IBS symptoms.
Ginger can be used effectively to reduce bloating and gas, thereby it can be used to treat IBS. Moreover, ginger can significantly reduce inflammatory sensation in the intestines and ease the muscles in the intestines. For women, use this remedy to grow thicker eyebrows.
- Put some fresh grated ginger in a glass of hot water
- Steep for several minutes and then strain out the ginger
- Add some honey and consume the tea
- Consume the tea two – three times a day to soothe the cramps and abdominal pain.
- Alternatively, you can grate some fresh ginger and add some honey to it
- Consume the mixture before having your meal to reduce the symptoms of diarrhea as well as boost the digestive process
Note: Ginger method should not be adopted by those suffering from high blood pressure.